“Moms have the toughest job in the world if you’re doing it right” – Oprah Winfrey
1. You want to do what’s best for your baby.
2. You think you have no idea what’s best for your baby.
3. Everyone thinks they know what’s best for your baby, and you will never hear the end of it.
4. Moms are not allowed in the bathroom alone, or to get dressed alone, or any sort of privacy for that matter
5. Meeting and befriending other young, new moms is like dating other temporarily mentally ill people.
6. You subconsciously keep track of your kids’ poops, and that’s normal
7. There is nothing better than a sleeping child, no matter how old
6. You will lose all sense of modesty and decency through the pregnancy/birthing/nursing process
7. You will always have the upper hand. You grew, carried and gave birth to a whole new person. No amount of man flu will ever top that.
8. Babies really do love routines. Routines work.