As mothers, we cannot help but boast about our little ones and how amazing they are… today I want to boast about my husband. I couldn’t have picked a better dad for our little girl if I tried.
Dads seem to get a bad rap in the media, they are often portrayed as the bread-winner who doesn’t know which end of a baby to diaper, much less how to braid hair, cook dinner and clean! My husband definitely cleans more than me (keeper!) and probably cooks better than me too (okay, probably not – my cooking is amazing). Most importantly, he always makes time for his family.
I know I am very lucky, I also understand that everyone’s circumstances are different – and sometimes dad’s have to work extremely hard and late hours – the same goes for moms. Some have more high pressure jobs, some have a lot of stress to deal with… I am not judging, I am just trying to show some appreciation as Dad’s are often overlooked and Mommy gets all the shine.
I married Cole for a number of reasons, he is the funniest person I have ever met in my entire life, he is patient, tolerant, he is fun, exciting, he is loving and caring, he is a real man’s man, can fix anything and everything, he is my best friend… he is amazing. I have always been head over heels in love with him even through our rough patches, but nothing could prepare me for the love I have for him after watching him become a dad to our beautiful daughter.
Reasons Why My Husband Is The Best Dad:
1. He is a great husband, great husbands become great dads.
2. He makes an effort to be part of Mikayla’s life – school, doctor’s visits, birthdays, school plays – he is always there.
3. When Mikayla was a newborn baby, he used to take over one middle-of-the-night feeding so that I could get an extra hour of sleep – and it was his idea.
4. He is my equal partner – From day one he has had an equal part in changing nappies, bathime, feedings, etc. and he never complained.
5. He is affectionate – He hugs and kisses Mikayla every single day and tells her how beautiful, smart and funny she is and how proud he is of her.
6. He is Kind
7. He is a source of comfort
8. He keeps her safe and catches her when she falls
9. He makes us laugh… so much. He really is the funniest person I know
10. He is a real MacGyver. He can fix and build anything, and he lets Mikayla help and learn from him
11. He has tea parties with Mikayla and her “friends”. He pretends to drive her around in a “chariot” and treats her like a princess.
12. He paints her nails, and lets her paint his
13. He gets her ready for school every morning and ties up her hair (even though I lay out the outfit the night before and his version of a ponytail involves using the vacuum cleaner)
14. He lets her colour in his tattoos
15. He is fun and adventurous
16. He is her Hero.. she looks up to him, she adores him.
17. He is my daughters first love – and a great example of the kind of man I would like her to marry one day
18. He takes her on dates
Thank you for being an amazing dad, my love. I can’t wait for our son to arrive – I hope he will be just like you when he grows up ♥