Today Mikayla and I decided that we wanted pancakes, here is a quick and easy recipe that works out perfectly each time! Mikayla pretty much made the batter all by herself and just loved adding the filling. This pancake recipe can be used for both savoury and sweet. We opted for a banana, Nutella and sprinkle version… yum!
250ml Cake Flour
5ml Baking Powder
200ml Milk (Can use Soy milk)
5ml Lemon Juice
125ml Sunflower Oil
1. Sift the cake flour, baking powder and salt together
2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, milk, water and lemon juice
3. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the oil and mix until you get a cream like consistency. Leave the batter in the fridge for about 5 minutes.
4. Heat up some oil in a non-stick pan and place a ladle full of batter in a circular shape – make sure it spreads out to form a thin layer on the pan surface. Flip when the batter is cooked. Please note that the first pancake is always a flop, it is just the way it is.
5. Add your sliced banana, drizzle some Nutella and sprinkles and enjoy!