One of the biggest challenges of being a full time working mom and wife is finding the energy and time to cook a delicious, balanced and healthy meal after a long day.
Every night it is the same story… it goes something like this:
By the time we finally reached a mutual agreement on what to have for supper (which is usually spaghetti bolognaise) it is late, everyone is tired and we have to scramble around to find ingredients. There was a time in my life when I used to be organised and have meals all planned out, I did my grocery shopping perfectly and never ran out of anything. Life got in the way, being pregnant is exhausting… being pregnant with a very active toddler in tow is… well it is insane. I’ve heard of DailyDish before, but I’ve never really looked in to it. I got given the opportunity to sample one of their weekly menus, I must admit – I was skeptical at first. I didn’t quite get how it was going to make my life that much easier, now I never want to look back.
I chose to try the classic menu, which consisted of the following:
Gourmet Mushroom Burgers – this was hubby’s absolute favourite. It was so delicious and really easy to make. It was also extremely filling.
Cajun Chicken with Gremolata – this was my favourite meal. It was light yet very filling. The flavours where divine. Both Mikayla and Cole loved it too!
Tuna Sweet Potato Jackets – This dish definately suprised me the most of all. Never in a million years would I have thought to combine these ingredients – it was divine! Way too much food though, we could easily have fed another person.
Almond Veg Stir-fry Egg Fried Rice – Unfortunately this one was not for us. In all fairness it is partly due to the fact that I completely overcooked the Basmati rice. I just found it messy, it was not as simple as it sounded and it just ended up one big mess. You win some, you lose some.
What is DailyDish?
DailyDish is an online service that delivers everything you need to cook four delicious dinners every week – including the recipes and exact quantities of all the ingredients. Dishes are designed to be easy-to-cook and take about 30 minutes from start to finish. They have three set menus available: Classic, Low Carb or Vegetarian. The service is currently available in selected suburbs in Cape Town, Joburg and Pretoria – you can view their delivery locations as well as time slots here. Click here to see the latest menus.
Why it works for me:
- You don’t end up wasting money buying groceries you do not really need or that expire before you get to use them, DailyDish sends you the exact quantities of the ingredients you need for every recipe.
- You don’t spend hours trying to decide what to eat as it is already decided for you.
- The meals are easy to prepare and take 30-minutes or less – perfect for working moms who have kids to feed!
- Meals are healthy and balanced – the meals always change and consist out of things you will not normally try yourself
- I absolutely love the fact that they only send the freshest, best quality ingredients. So much effort and time is put into the packaging and recipes, that is something I really appreciate.
- I loved that the food was delivered on time and that nothing was missing. The service is really great!
Now you can have a chance to try DailyDish too! This is such an awesome prize… enter and stand the chance to win:
1x Daily Dish Box – (recipes and ingredients for 4 meals for 4 people) from a menu of your choice – (Classic/Low Carb/Vegetarian) to a value of up to R885!
Should you be selected as the winner, your delivery will be on a Monday to a physical home or work address in Cape Town, Jo’burg or Pretoria – see suburb listing on the Daily Dish website. If you are selected and do not live or work in one of the delivery areas you will forfeit your prize and a new winner will be announced.
- For an extra entry – Tweet the following or something similar:
Hey @CaffeineandF I want to win a week of meals from @! https://caffeineandfairydust.wordpress.com/2014/11/16/review-and-giveaway-dailydish-eat-fresh-save-time/
Share with your friends! ♥ Good luck! Competition Ends 1 January 2015