I am trying really hard to lead an environmentally friendly lifestyle, one thing I have not quite grasped is not using disposable diapers.
I am a working mom and the last thing I need is extra chores or more things to do in the evenings or on weekends! It is for this reason that I have always held off on using cloth diapers – in my mind it really was just too much effort. Nadia from Tiny Hiney offered to let me try out the Charlie Bananna One Size Pocket Nappy and the Size Small Pocket Diaper before committing, to show me that it really is not as bad as I think it is! I am not a cloth nappy connoisseur at all, this was my first try and this review will be from the perspective of a first time cloth nappy using mommy!
First of all – how cuuuuute??? I asked for the plain colour one and was sent a Royal Blue one and a White one, but they have the most gorgeous prints! That is definitely one reason to start considering going the cloth nappy route – I can totally see how this can become quite a costly addiction, however. The fleece inner for both these nappies are super soft, and I love how easy they are to use. I don’t like reading manuals, and I don’t have much patience.
Charlie Bananna One Size Pocket Nappy – The basics:
What I Love About My Charlie Banana One Size Diaper:
• It has a narrow gusset. This is purely a personal preference.
• Perfect adjustability. While doing my research on cloth nappy brands, I often read of moms struggling with leaks due to an improper fit. Often their baby is “in between” sizes, so the diaper is either too snug, or a bit too big, causing leaks. You can adjust the fit of Charlie Banana diapers almost to the millimeter, unlike brands with rise snaps. Brilliant! Also saves you a ton of money.
• Trim fit. Due to the factors listed above, this is a very slim one-size pocket diaper. It does not interfere with the fit of pants, and being used to the fit of disposables I prefer a cloth option that fits similarly.
• It works. We got a great fit and experienced no leaks during the test period! Yay!
• Cute prints: I love my plain colours, but there are some really adorable designs available and we will be giving one away in our competition.
Size Small Pocket Diaper – The Basics
“Our aim is to make cloth diapers more visible in South Africa, and make a difference in this world, one cloth diaper at a time!!” -Nadia du Plooy
I received this product free for review from Tiny Hiney. All opinions remain my own.
You can stand the chance to win a Charlie Banana One Size Diaper in Grey Chevron With A Matching Charlie Banana Tote Bag – worth over R500 collectively!
All you have to do is:
4. Answer the following question in the comment section below: Where is Tiny Hiney based?
For extra entries….
6. Invite your friends to like both Facebook pages or to follow both Twitter pages – tell us about it in the comment section…
Competition ends Friday 17 April 2015
– print of the prize cannot be changed
– The prize will be send via the South African Post Office, if the winner prefers a courier, the cost must be covered by the winner.
… please click here for general T’s & C’s – they apply.